Seasoned professionals in the biotechnology industry
Alan Chang, PhD
CEO and Founder
CEO and Founder
- 15+ years of experience in drug product formulation, particle engineering, upstream process development.
- Part of the engineering team to successfully complete Process Qualification and Validation for the manufacture of the commercial product Tobi Podhaler for Cystic Fibrosis.
- Process development lead at Novartis for pre-clinical to clinical production.
- Received his PhD in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering from North Carolina State University.
Vivian Yan, MBA, JD
- SFC licensed professional with 15+ years of experience in financial services.
- Received her MBA from London Business School and JD from Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Experienced healthcare investor that has served on the board of investment fund, global healthcare, mining and consumer companies.
Bing Lou Wong, PhD
R&D Head / Technical Advisor
R&D Head / Technical Advisor
- Founder of Biopure Corp, Cambridge, MA USA (NASDAQ: BPUR)
- Dr. Wong was appointed as the Chief Technology Officer of New A Innovation Limited in June 2007 and currently Dr. Wong serves an honorary professor at the Department of Biochemistry of Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- From 2002 to 2007, Dr. Wong was the Board Director and Chief Executive Officer of Advantek Biologics (HK) Limited. He has 40 years of experience in the development of protein therapeutics in Biotechnology industry.
- 50 years of experience in the development of protein therapeutics in biotechnology industry with a series of patents and has licensed to a number of world-leading companies such as Roche (SWX:RO) and Teva (NASDAQ: TEVA).
Louis Lee, M(HKIE), PMP
- Louis holds a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering from University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada and received his Master degree in Environmental engineering from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST).
- 15+ years in pharmaceutical engineering, with extensive experience in design, construction and operation of sterile drug manufacturing facility.
- Prior to joining Taron, Louis was the Assistant General Manager of New B Innovation Limited Cooperate E&M, where he led a team to support setup and operations of various sterile manufacturing facilities within the group.
- Louis was a provisional internal auditor in QMS under IRCA in year 2006 and is currently a member of HKIE and a PMP from PMI.
Sandy Wang, BSc
Quality Control Manager
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Biology with Biotechnology, HKPU.
- HK Department of Health Register QC Manager since 2010.
- Quality Control Manager of New A Innovation Limited, Medipharma Limited, Quality Pharmaceutical Laboratory Ltd. Full experience in GMP/PICS.
- Over 10 years GMP pharmaceutical experience in biotechnology, generic pharmaceutical industry and successfully rebuilt the QC system and setup its operation to obtain HK / EU GMP licence for sterile protein products under PIC/s GMP standard.
- Specialized in QC equipment qualification, method development and method validation.
- Practical experience in protein product testing such as protein composition by zone electrophoresis, total protein by UV spectrophotometer, osmolality, molecular size distribution by HPLC, ELISA assay for Hepatitis B, sterility test and endotoxin test (Gel Clot) for Immunoglobin intravenous, endotoxin (turbidimetric method), Co-Oximetry, electrolyte content, protein assay by HPLC, visual and sub visual particulate content, extractable volume for IV products.
- Familiar with the testing of cord and cord blood, such as cell count, cell viability, CD markers using flow cytometry, nRBC, etc.
- Quality Control Director of Biocell technology Limited, contribute in building the first Advance Cell Therapy production cleanroom in science park. Setting up the AABB QC system for testing cord, cord blood and MSC cells. Perform equipment qualification and test method development and set up according to PIC/S requirement.
Yuk Lam Lo, PhD
Chester Ho, PhD, MS
- The Founder and Partner of Taipei Angels. He serves on the Board of the Taiwan Venture Capital Association, Taiwan Biotech Industry Organization and the Biochemical Engineering Society of Taiwan.
- Previously, Chester was the President of Boston Life Science Venture Corp. He taught at various universities including the State University of New York at Buffalo, National Chiao Tung University, Rotterdam School of Management, Xiaomen University, and Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance. Chester is currently an Adjunct Professor at National Chengchi University, teaching “Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship”at the EMBA and IMBA Programs.
Wong Yu Sun, Andy, Mphil
- Over 19 years of experience spanning from GMP compliance and risk management, regulatory audits, projects management and executive management in listed Pharma company in Hong Kong.
- Former COO of Jacobson Pharma Corporation (JPC).
- Championed the founding of Jacobson Research Laboratory, a wholly owned subsidiary of JPC that was established in 2016.
- In charge of scientific collaboration with local or overseas research institutions and partners on Biomedical, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical projects.
- 10 years experience as QC manager in Europharm Laboratories.
- Mphil in Chemistry from City University of Hong Kong.